The 2021 Nedbank Tour de Tuli starts at Mapungubwe National Park and World Heritage Site, Confluence Site on 20 July and ends at the same place on 25 July. Please book your transport options when you register online.
Should you choose to self-drive, we have arranged for security while your car is parked at the Mapungubwe Confluence Site.
Cost: R500 per vehicle
Directions from Johannesburg:
- Take the N1 to Polokwane
- Go through Polokwane and follow the R521 to Mogwadi (Dendron)
- Turn right onto the N1 alternative route on Vermikuliet Road and then left onto the R521 to Dendron
- Continue on the R521 through Dendron and follow the signs to Alldays
- Please refuel in Alldays; then turn right still following the R521
- At approximately 46 km, turn right on the R572 to Musina.
- The Mapungubwe National Park Gate will be on your left-hand side at 22 km.
Please note: All persons take up this option entirely at their own risk. The Event Organisers cannot take responsibility for any loss or damage to your vehicle and/or personal belongings. Please ensure that you have the necessary insurance cover.
There is limited capacity so please ensure you book this service early to avoid disappointment.
Coach transfers are offered from the Wilderness Safaris offices in Rivonia to the Mapungubwe National Park Confluence Site, and then back to the Wilderness Safaris offices after the event.
Bookings for the coach are subject to availability.
- R1 800 per person return (includes bike transport)
- R900 per person on a one way basis (includes bike transport)
Departure and Arrival Times
- Tuesday 20 July – Depart from the Wilderness Safaris offices at 06h00 (loading luggage and any bikes at 05h30)
- Sunday 25 July – Scheduled to arrive at the Wilderness Safaris offices around 15h00
The coach is unable to collect or drop off participants at any point other than the designated departure and arrival point.
Bike Drop-off and Collection Dates and Times
- Drop-off of Bikes – Friday 16 July between 09h00 and 12h00
- Collection of Bikes – Monday 26 July between 09h00 and 12h00
Important: Please do not book any domestic flights departing from OR Tambo airport any earlier than 19h00 or any international flights departing any earlier than 20h00 on 25 July.
Bike Drop-off and Coach Departure Address
- Wilderness Safaris, 373 Rivonia Boulevard, Rivonia
- Telephone: +27 (11) 807 1800
- After Hours Emergency Contact Number: +27 (0) 82 576 9173
Departure on 20 July
- Please be at the Wilderness Safaris offices no later than 05h30 for loading of your luggage.
- We do not have any parking facilities, so please ensure you are dropped off and collected.
- We will have limited capacity to carry bicycles on this day and this will be reserved for those individuals living outside of Gauteng. This option needs to be pre-booked. If you need your bike immediately to connect to a flight, please ensure that you advise us of this in advance.
- The coach will have a scheduled stop en route around 10h00. Food and drink at this stop is for participants’ own accounts.
The first and last night’s camp is situated at Mapungubwe National Park and World Heritage Site. Should you choose to fly to and from the event, please note the airstrips in the area: Alldays and Limpopo Valley Airfield.
Arrival day: Tuesday 20 July 2020
Departure day: Sunday 25 July 2020
All flights are for your own arrangement and account. It is your responsibility to ensure flight arrangements have been made and the correct clearance is obtained.
You will require transfers from the airstrip to the campsite (and back to the airstrip after the event.) Please contact Copper Sun to arrange these transfers. Transfers are for your own account and arrangement.
Contact: Limpopo Valley Airfield for further arrangements.
Looking for a Private Charter?
Angel Gabriel are offering direct return flights between O.R. Tambo and Mashatu for the Nedbank Tour de Tuli 2021.
Please contact the Angel Gabriel team to check availability and arrange this service. Please also ensure you ask for their luggage requirements, inclusions and exclusions.
Reservations and Flight Coordinators:
T: +27 (0)82 846 1456 | F: +27 (0)86 520 1939
email@example.com | www.angelgabriel.co.za
TAB Charters also manage flights from Lanseria to Mashatu (return).
Please contact TAB Charters for costs, availability, luggage restrictions and flight details.
Jade Jones: T: (+27) 11 701 2324
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | www.tabcharters.co.za
Should you need assistance with transporting your bike to and from the event, we have various options:
Johannesburg to/from Nedbank Tour de Tuli
If you are self-driving and need only your bike transferred to/from the event, we are able to transport your bike on specialised bike trailers. Please note space is limited and bookings are subject to availability.
- R900 return
- R450 one way
Bike Delivery and Collection
If we are transporting your bike (whether you are self-driving or have booked a spot on the coach) your bicycles will need to leave before you, to ensure they are on site for your arrival. All bikes need to be delivered and collected from the Wilderness Safaris offices per the designated dates and times below.
Please note that we have LIMITED capacity to manage bicycles on the departure date and therefore if you are connecting to/from domestic or international flights and will NOT be able to deliver and/or collect your bicycles at the designated time, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make provision for this.
Bike Delivery and Coach Departure Address
Wilderness Safaris, 373 Rivonia Boulevard, Rivonia
Telephone: +27 (11) 807 1800
After Hours Emergency Contact Number: +27 (0) 82 576 9173
Bike Delivery and Collection Dates and Times
- Delivery of Bikes – Friday 16 July between 09h00 and 12h00
- Collection of Bikes – Monday 26 July between 09h00 and 12h00
Please Note: We have very limited storage capacity available so please ensure that you collect your bikes at the specified times, unless special provision has been made with the Event Organisers. Should you not collect your bike on the designated day, we cannot guarantee that your bike will be locked away.
This option for transporting your bicycle is entirely at your own risk. Please see our Bike Transport Indemnity should you be transporting your bike with us.
If you are flying in and need a transfer from to/from Mapungubwe National Park and World Heritage Site, please see the below options for transfers.
Copper Sun are able to assist with transfers if you are interested in flying to the start of the event and back home again once it is finished.
NOTE: on quote request please provide contact person details, number of people to transfer and number of bicycles.