Awarded to the participant who raises the second most additional funds. There is a reserve minimum on this of R70 000.
Situated in the heart of southern Africa, Botswana offers possibly the finest authentic wildlife experience in the world. It is comprised largely of the Kalahari Desert, within which lies the Okavango Delta, a wonderful blue-green wetland considered by many to be Africa’s most incredible wildlife and wilderness sanctuary. Apart from the outstanding beauty of the wetland, it is home to a huge diversity of fauna and flora. Water-loving antelope from the rare sitatunga to the common red lechwe abound, while large mammals such as buffalo and elephant – and even lion and leopard – splash their way through the shallow channels. In the drier areas, the larger mammals – buffalo, zebra, wildebeest, and giraffe – move in their numbers. With such profusion of life, predators stalk the grass in the form of lion, spotted hyena, leopard, cheetah and wild dog – being privy to any fragment of this ageless cycle is part of the thrill of a safari.
- Return flights to Maun from Johannesburg
- Two nights each for two guests sharing at three different Wilderness Safaris-owned camps
- All meals, activities and local drinks
- Return scheduled light aircraft transfers to/from Maun and the relevant camps
- Two daily scheduled camp activities
- Flights to/from Johannesburg and your home destination
- Airport taxes and administration fee on scheduled flights from Johannesburg to Maun return
- Imported drinks, i.e. premier drinks and champagne
- Compulsory travel insurance and visa fees (if applicable)
- Gratuities, curios and items of a personal nature
- Prize valid from October 2018 to September 2019 and subject to availability.
- Prize reserved for the participant who raises the second most additional sponsorship received by 30 September 2018.
- There is a reserve of a minimum of R70 000 additional sponsorship on this prize.